Pages

Monday 16 February 2015

Benefit: Roller Lash Mascara Review

Monday 16 February 2015


Today I'm going to be reviewing Benefit's Roller Lash mascara, which I got as a free sample from the latest issue of Elle magazine. I have been using this mascara for a few weeks now and I have summed up what I think of it.


The packaging is gorgeous, you can't really go wrong with rose gold on black. The curly typography is also stunning. I think it's such a shame that the real packaging is nothing like this.

Inspired by a hair roller, the wand is curved with minuscule bristles. Benefit say when using this mascara you have to use the "hook and roll" method, which I just can't seem to master. I'm so used to just using the blinking and brushing way that this seems a little odd to me.


I have never tried the blogging famous "They're Real!" mascara because of the expensive price tag, and to my despair the Roller Lash is the exact same price of £19.50. I think Benefit should consider making teenage friendly price ranges as I know I defiantly cannot afford high prices. 


Here is my before and after. I have blonde lashes so it did a very good job of darkening them. As you can see from the pictures, it makes my eye look so much bigger and brighter. As for volume, it lengthens but lacks in the thickening department.

the real question is, 
Would I purchase this mascara again? 

My answer is yes, but not for the retail price. I will continue to use the sample for a couple weeks and save up my pennies to hopefully buy the full size. 

Thanks for reading,
Eva xxx

8 comments:

  1. i have never heard of this mascara before! the effect is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really good! I've been trying to hunt down an Elle magazine for ages but I think everyone has purchased them :( xx
    emilyjanewebb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nearly gave up hope until I found one a few weeks ago! Keep looking haha xx

      Delete
  3. I have a sample of this and I really like it - although I probably wouldn't want to pay the full retail price either x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, It's such a shame about the price! xx

      Delete
  4. I've been hearing such lovely things about this mascara and would really like to buy it. Though I agree it is expensive for a product you'll get about 2-3 months use out of. I really need to try to get my hands on a sample before spending so much on one tube! Great review, Eva! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's defiantly mixed reviews! And yes you do haha, the sample is such good value for money! Thankyou lovely:) x

      Delete

Thankyou for commenting! I read each and every comment and try to respond to all of them too. I take everything you say into consideration and love to hear your thoughtsツ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Feme Fashion © 2014